Friends of Killarney Park Forum Index Friends of Killarney Park
Killarney Park Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bushwhacking Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Killarney Park Forum Index -> Route Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domanb
Chikanishing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Bushwhacking Help Reply with quote

This will be my second trip to Killarney and I'm very excited about it. Here's a brief run down of my planned route, and I have a few particular questions along the way. Aiming for a mid-June trip.

Day 1:
George -> Killarney -> OSA -> Baie Finn

Day 2: The Pig -> Three Narrows -> Doris Island w/ possible afternoon hike to the peaks between Three Narrows and Nellie Lake.

Day 3: Day hike into Nellie lake. Plan to follow the creeks and rivers North from Three Narrows then West into Nellie Lake. There is no portage route here, but the hiking trail goes halfway up the creek leading from Three Narrows. Hoping to follow the creek and push through to the small lakes north of there, then turn west and follow that creek into Nellie Lake.
#1) How bad can I expect this bushwhacking to be? Will it be possible to bring a canoe, or are we best to leave it?

Day 4: Three Narrows -> Killarney

Day 5: Killarney -> Norway -> Sandy -> bushwhack to Bunnyrabbit Lake -> bushwhack again skirting along south side of ridge (north of Green Lake) to Ruth-Roy Lake
#2) Will these two bushwhacks even be possible? Has anyone attempted this?

Day 6: Johnnie -> Carlyle -> Kakakise

Day 7: Kakakise -> George -> home

I'm keeping the days shorts on purpose. Me and my gf, both late 20's, are still beginners to back country camping, but we're both relatively fit. We both love camping and want to get more immersed in it.

Any general suggestions or tips? I'm particularly looking for advice regarding Day 5. There is no portage routes from Sandy to Ruth-Roy, so we will be bushwhacking over land. How realistic/difficult is this, given we will have our canoe and packs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Killarney Park Forum Index -> Route Advice All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: