Friends of Killarney Park Forum Index Friends of Killarney Park
Killarney Park Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

route advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Killarney Park Forum Index -> Route Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozren
Granite Ridge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: route advice Reply with quote

(Posting this here again because I need this advice for a trip in September/October and the route advice forum seems to be cold, sorry)

Hi, I am 24 year old student/hiker/rock climber...

I want to plan a solo trip during the peak foliage season in Killarney... I would like to stay at least a week and mostly do backcountry camping experience. I am an experience hiker/camper but have never been alone (part of the reason this is so exciting) However, I might not have transportation to get to the park and I would be leaving from Toronto.

So, here are my questions:

Is it possible to access a trail or loop without using a car? Such as renting some kind of private shuttle service to take me to the trail head?

What is the best trail to complete if I have a week or more of time? Where does it start and end? Is there any map of this trail I can find without having to purchase it from the store?

Is the park safe for a solo trip? Have there been any unprovoked animal attacks in recent history?

Thank you so much for your time and any answers/advice you might provide...

Ozren
mouse6196
Granite Ridge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a week why not do the complete Cloche Trail. You could start from Geroge Lake and end right back where you started. I'm not sure about shuttles but I'd bet that in the Town of Killarney, you may be able to get a ride or shuttle from one of the Lodges. Others may know that part.

You could definately complete the Cloche Trail Loop in a week.
mouse6196
Granite Ridge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for amap, I would buy one. Any map you would find online would not have the detail that you would want for this hike. There are so many small lakes and features you would not want to miss. They aren't that expensive.
ozren
Granite Ridge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much, just one more question if it is possible: is it possible to hitch-hike from sudbury to the trail head? Thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Friends of Killarney Park Forum Index -> Route Advice All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: